11/2/08

Tornado Raegan hits again

I told Kaylee I would take her to see High School Musical last night after Ryan got home from getting wood. We had a good time, just the two of us.
While Kaylee and I were out, Tornado Raegan hit, and Ryan got to weather the storm by himself. He told me about it when I got home and I was laughing so hard, I nearly cried.

Here is what happened. Unfortunately I don't have any accompanying pictures, but use your imagination.

We had all gone to Wendy's for some dinner before we ventured to the movie. I told Ryan to stop at Walmart on his way home to get some more milk and a few other items. While he was wrestling the dog food into the shopping cart, both Raegan and Bo got away from him, so he had to hunt them down. They weren't far, nor hard to find. Bo was in the toy section ogaling his favorite toys. Raegan had gone a little further down the aisle to the rubber ball holder. He said that by the time he got to her, she had pulled out about 15 balls that were rolling around everywhere and she was generously sharing them with anyone that was nearby. So he had to round up all the balls and return them to their place.

Once they got home, it didn't get any better. He said they were downstairs watching Iron Man and eating popcorn. (Bo had popped 3 bags of popcorn, one for each of them, I guess) The phone rang and Ryan had to run upstairs to get it. While he was upstairs, Raegan helped herself to the popcorn and happily dumped it all over the floor in the family room downstairs. While Ryan worked on cleaning that up, she made her way upstairs and within a few minutes, Ryan heard a crash. He went upstairs to investigate and slipped on the water that she had dumped on the kitchen floor. So while he was wiping that up so there would be no more unfortunate accidents, she made her way to our bathroom and promptly dumped the whole box of q-tips all over the floor. Ryan said that at this point, all he could do was to get her a cup and put her to bed.

Like I said, I was laughing so hard while he was telling me all this. I told him that this is what I do all day, every day.


You know, it sure is a lot funnier when it is happening to someone besides me. And with a face like that, you can't help but just laugh about it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving a comment today! It is fun to meet new people. This story was cute. (of course i can say that because it didn't happen to me:)). Oh, a day in the life, right?

p.s. feel free to stop by anytime and since you don't mind, i'll do the same:)!

McKenna said...

Isn't it fun when the husbands get a glimpse of our day!!

Penfold's said...

Corey I just love that you recorded this because it is sooo funny and you will love reading about it in the years to come. I am however glad it was Ryan and not me! hee hee :)

Penfold's said...

Oh by the way here is the address to our family's blog:
http://wvpenfold.blogspot.com/
since I don't know your email, I enjoy looking at yours often although I don't post comments very often. I hope we will see you soon!

Shelley said...

This is so funny. I cannot believe how fast she can get around. Your blog is so great! I love it!