5/23/08

The Bachelor - hillbilly style

I was surfing through tv channels the other night and came across this hilarious show, Farmer wants a wife. It is literally The Bachelor, hillbilly style. This farmer is looking to get married, so they bring in 10 city girls and introduce them to farmer and farm life. I didn't get to see the whole thing, but what i saw was hilarious.He literally puts them to work on the farm, or a neighbors farm all day long, then at the end of the day sends them to the guest farm house to clean up and they either go on a group date or he selects one individually to go on a date.

They went on a hayride on one group date and on another, they went to the local VFW for a night of bingo and meeting the townfolk.
On the individual dates, they had a picnic out in the yard or went and watched a movie outside on the side of a buddy's barn. He always had handpicked bouquets for the individual dates, which i thought was very cute. They hauled everyone around in beat up old farm trucks on all these group and individual dates.
I think that it cracked me up the most because I grew up in farm country. My dad didn't farm, but I had plenty of relatives that did and my husband grew up farming. These women all claim that they could be a farmer's wife. Man, they have no idea what they are in for. I wonder if it will occur to any of these women that even when they are working on the farm during the day on the show, this is just the tip of the iceburg of what a real farmer's wife's life would be like. The stilettos, mini skirts and tube tops just won't work in the pig pen. Sorry ladies.
At any rate, it was a kick in the pants to watch.

0 comments: